Refurbished items are items that have been returned to the manufacturer, repaired if needed, and retested for defects and functionality before being sold again. They may include a limited manufacturer warranty, but that varies from item to item.
An item may be refurbished for any of the following reasons:
- It was never used but the factory seal was broken.
- It was originally used in field tests, sales displays, or demonstrations.
- It was returned for repairs under warranty.
- It was damaged during shipment and returned to the manufacturer for repair.
- It was returned to the manufacturer for repair but no issues were found.