- Who are we?
- What personal data do we collect?
- Why do we use your personal data?
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Who do we share your personal data with and why?
- Collection and use of non-personal information
- How do we protect your personal data?
- International transfers of personal data
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- What are your rights?
- How can you change or review your information and preferences?
- How can you change or review your technical preferences
- Affiliate marketing partners
- Last update
1. Who are we?
Newegg Business Inc. (“Newegg Business”) (17560 Rowland Street, City of Industry, CA 91748 USA) along with our parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and users (“you”).
Newegg Business is the data controller of your personal data. You can contact us by mail at the above address, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 (888) 482-6678. In addition to Newegg Business, our parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries may also process your personal data. References in this privacy to “Newegg Business”, “NeweggBusiness”, “we”, “us” and “our” are to Newegg Business.
The Site may contain links to other third-party websites or applications. Please be aware that these websites and applications may collect information about you. These websites and applications may have their own privacy notices or policies. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website and application that you use.
To the extent any linked websites or applications you visit are not owned or operated by Newegg Business, please be aware that we are not responsible or liable for the websites’ or applications’ content, any use of the websites or applications, or the privacy and security practices and policies of those websites or applications.
3. What personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following data about you. Please note that we may combine personal data collected about you from one source with personal data that we have collected about you from other sources.
- Personal data provided voluntarily including account registration and interactions (e.g. reviews, feedback, comments, testimonials) We collect personal data that the Customer, or an individually authorized to act on behalf of the customer (the “Representative”), voluntarily provides to us, such as when the customer registers for an account on the Site. This personal data may include login/account information, business information, marketing preferences and other information We also collect personal data you provide to us when you post a testimonial, feedback, review or comment including on our blogs. This personal data may include your name and contact information, photos that you choose to upload and other personal data you may choose to provide as part of your post. We do not access photos on your device or cameras unless you allow us to do so. If you do allow us, you can manage your photos and camera settings at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device. Please note that personal data that you choose to post in a testimonial, feedback, review or comment may be read, collected and used by anyone. Therefore, please do not post anything you do not wish to be accessed by others.
- Correspondence We collect personal data where you contact us or we contact you, and we will typically keep a record of such correspondence. This personal data may include your name and contact information, account information, your order information, your queries, and other personal data you may choose to provide to us.
- Purchase order and transaction Information We collect personal data when you place an order and transact with Newegg Business (including tracking orders and managing returns), when you submit forms for tax exemptions, rebates, the Newegg Business Marketplace Guarantee, and when you transact on our Marketplace platform. This personal data may include biographical information, contact information, delivery information such as shipping address, telephone number, and payment and invoicing information, such as your bank account/card number, billing address, bank card expiration date, and bank card security code.
- Enrolment in Newegg Business Programs We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us when you register for programs offered by Newegg Business, including, but not limited to, the Newegg Business Subscription Program, and the NeweggBusiness Rewards Program. This personal data may include your name, email address, other contact details, login/account information, marketing preferences and other information you may provide.
- Credit and anti-fraud information We may collect personal data relating to your financial situation, your creditworthiness or any criminal or fraudulent activities provided to us by you or third parties, including information which establishes your identity (such as driving licences, passports and utility bills), information about transactions, credit ratings from credit reference agencies, fraud, offences and suspicious transactions, where your details are included.
- Survey and contest/sweepstake information We collect personal data where you complete surveys that we may use for research purposes, and where you choose to enter into contests/sweepstakes that we run. This personal data may include your name and contact information and other personal data you may choose to provide us.
- Information stored on a Device We may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or any other device (referred to collectively as a “Device”) such as IP address, domain name, browser version and operating system, traffic data, web logs and other communication data, and device identifiers. We may also collect photos, videos, Touch ID and Face ID login abilities and session IDs for third party service providers such as payment providers (“Device Information”). To the extent required by applicable law, we will ask for your consent prior to collecting Device Information. Please note that we may associate Device Information with your account. In addition, we may associate a Device with your account. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you.
The Site is intended for use by adults only. Newegg Business does not sell products intended for purchase by children and does not therefore knowingly or intentionally collect personal data from children. Youth-oriented products are sold for purchase by adults only. Please only use this Site if you are aged 18 or over.
4. Why do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data for a variety of business purposes, which we have set out below.
- To conduct our business and provide you with our services and access to our Site To conduct our business, including to enable you to use our services and Site, to respond to your queries, to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and to contact you in connection with the foregoing.This includes processing and fulfilling your orders, returns and exchanges and providing you with information and updates relating to your orders and your account.
- To manage your account and subscriptions To determine whether to register you as a user of our Site, or to our Seller Portal, Vendor Portal or Affiliate Program, to manage your account and subscriptions (including to manage your customized settings) and to fulfil your benefits that are associated with your use of our services, such as to award points through our NeweggBusiness Rewards program.
- To communicate with you (about updates and changes) and provide you with customer support To communicate with you about updates to our terms, services and Site and to provide you with customer support and to respond to your requests, comments, questions, or concerns, and to contact you if we have trouble processing your order or there are issues with your account. Such communications are provided by various means, including emails, SMS and “push notifications” on Devices (where enabled). Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- To facilitate payments To take payment from you when you sign-up for certain features, when you order from us, to provide you with refunds and to process payments when you transact on our Marketplace platform.
- In relation to fraud prevention To prevent fraud as may be required by applicable law and regulation and best practice at any given time. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified or suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies and may be recorded by us or by them.
- To enable you and other users to communicate and transact with one another, such as via our Marketplace platform To facilitate interactions between users, including listing and promotion of products, shipping and payment. This will require disclosure of personal data about each party to one another.
- To allow you to use interactive features of the Site To allow you to post a testimonial, review or comment including on our blogs. Please note that such testimonial, review or comment may be read, collected and used by anyone.
- To ensure our Site content is relevant and to maintain the security of our Site To ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective and secure manner for you and for your device.
- For research and development purposes To analyse your personal data in order to better understand your and our other clients’ services and marketing requirements, to better understand our business and develop our products, services and Site. In order to do this, we may apply profiles to you based on your personal data and behavioural information (such as the pages on the Site you have visited or interacted with, including by reference to personal data legitimately obtained and shared with us by third parties or publicly available data). Such profiles may be used as part of our advertising, analytics, security and provision of support.
- To administer contests/sweepstakes Where you have entered into contests/sweepstakes, we will use your personal data to manage and administer such contests/sweepstakes, including to award you with any applicable prizes.
- To provide you with marketing materials To provide you with updates and offers, where you have chosen to receive these. We may also use your information for marketing our own and our selected business partners’ products and services to you by post, email, SMS and phone and fax. We may also use personal data to market to you via social media. Where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of all Newegg Business marketing emails. If you are a registered user of the Site, you can also opt-out of receiving the Newegg Business Newsletter by updating your email subscription preferences under My Account. You can also unsubscribe from the NeweggBusiness Newsletter on the E-mail Subscription Preferences page. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for your request to be processed. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, you may still receive communications from us that are important and/or related to your interactions with us, or otherwise as required by law.Please also note that our marketing related emails may contain a campaign-unique “web beacon pixel” to tell us how you interact with our communications. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to you and to query if you should continue receiving emails if you do not open them. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email.Where you subscribe to an online service, the accompanying emails similarly include a pixel. We track your interaction with these emails and our online services to validate attendance for accreditation purposes, to help determine which information is of interest to you and to customize the advertisements you see on our Sites.If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your Device, you should opt-out of email marketing or review emails in plain text format. This information may be connected to your personal identity. For further information about tracking technologies, please see section 5 below.
- Website analytics To understand and analyze your online experiences and to determine what events, products and services are likely to be of interest to you, we may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies (whether you are logged in or not) with personal data.
- To enforce our terms and in connection with legal or regulatory obligations We may process your personal data to enforce our terms and to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements or dialogue with regulators/judicial proceedings/court orders as applicable which may include disclosing your personal data to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or where compelled to do so.
- To reorganize or make changes to our business In the event that we: (i) are subject to negotiations for the sale of our business or part thereof to a third party; (ii) are sold to a third party; or (iii) undergo a re-organization, we may need to transfer some or all of your personal data to the relevant third party (or its advisors) as part of any due diligence process for the purpose of analyzing any proposed sale or re-organization. We may also need to transfer your personal data to that re-organized entity or third party after the sale or reorganization for them to use for the same purposes as set out in this policy.
5. Cookies and similar technologies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is generated by a website, including the Site, and is stored on your device. When you access the Site, a number of cookies used by Newegg Business and third parties are sent to your browser and stored on your device. When you next visit the Site, Newegg Business and the third parties will use this information to recognize and remember your device. Third parties may also use this to recognize you when you are on other websites and mobile applications.
Cookies are useful for a variety of purposes. For example, they allow you to navigate between pages efficiently and allow us to remember preferences and generally improve your user experience. They are also used to tailor advertising to your interests through tracking your browsing across websites. For example, when you view certain products on our Site or have interacted with certain pages on our Site, we may use this information to show you advertisements which may interest you. Similarly, third parties that place cookies on our Site may use this type of information to present you with tailored advertising when you other their websites.
Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser. Cookies set by Newegg Business are first-party cookies. Cookies set by third parties are third-party cookies. Please note that Newegg Business has no access to, or control over, third-party technologies and information about their data collection practices should be found on their respective websites.
What cookies does Newegg Business use?
We describe below the categories of cookies that are set by Newegg Business and its partners when you visit the Site.
- Strictly necessary cookiesThese cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features and cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, services you have asked for (such as navigating between pages, placing an order and using a shopping cart or e-billing services) cannot be provided. Therefore, you cannot disable these cookies.
- Performance cookiesWe make use of performance cookies to analyze how our visitors use the Site and to monitor the Site’s performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customizing our offering, and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise.For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the Site. The information collected by these cookies is not associated with your personal data by us or by our contractors.
- Functional cookies These cookies are used to provide you with certain functionality on the Site. For example, to improve the performance of our services and the Site, to maintain security on the Site and to prevent and detect fraud, to customize your account, to display certain web page content based upon your browser type and other device information.
Other tracking technologies
In conjunction with cookies, we may utilize other tracking technologies to understand how you access and use our Site and services. These tracking technologies may include:
- Log files and IP addressWe use device information and IP addresses (and ask for confirmation if this is correct) to analyse trends, administer the Site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on the internet. We may store the information in log files (i.e. files which record events), or other types of files, which may be combined with other information that we have collected about you.
- “Do Not Track Signals” Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that, when turned on, signals to websites the user visits that the user does not want to be tracked. At this time, the Site does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or similar mechanisms. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see https://youradchoices.com/.
- Because we link to social media sites, and from time to time may include third-party advertisements, other parties may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you visit this Site.
- We participate in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use the Site and our services across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. To learn more about the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op, please visit https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com.
- Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
Managing and disable cookies on the Site
You can manage cookies through your browser’s settings (http://allaboutcookies.org provides explanations as to how to do this). Please note that some of the uses of the Site and the services provided on the Site may not function if cookies are disabled.
6. Who do we share your personal data with and why?
We may share or disclose your personal data for the purposes set out in section 4 above to third parties. These third parties include:
- Service providers
Such service providers may include:
- merchant banks for authorization and approval, in order to process your credit card information to complete your orders/transactions. This process is protected by an enhanced security system. See section 8 below for more details on security measures and procedures;
- third-party companies to perform functions on our behalf e.g. order fulfilment, package delivery, marketing assistance, postal and email delivery, customer service, data analysis, and credit processing; and
- IT cloud and hosting providers.
Such advisors may include legal, financial, business or other advisors.
- Marketplace platform sellers/usersThird-party sellers offer products for sale through the Newegg Marketplace platform, and we will share your personal data with such sellers when you use the Marketplace platform.
- Other users of the Site
As mentioned above, any personal data you make available publicly such as by your reviews, comments or testimonials will be shared with other users of the Site.
- Affiliated companies
We may share your personal data we collect with all Newegg Business parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Third parties as required by law or regulation
We may disclose your personal data as required by law or regulation, and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Newegg Business.
- Third-party companies for marketing
Subject to your marketing preferences and settings, we may share your personal data with third-party companies that may, among other things, use your personal data to provide you with targeted advertisements and special offers. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of all Newegg Business marketing emails. If you are a registered user of the Site, you can also opt-out of receiving the Newegg Business Newsletter by updating your email subscription preferences under My Account. You can also unsubscribe from the Newegg Business Newsletter on the E-mail Subscription Preferences page. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for your request to be processed. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, you may still receive communications from us that are important and/or related to your interactions with us, or otherwise as required by law.Please also note that our marketing related emails may contain a campaign-unique “web beacon pixel” to tell us how you interact with our communications. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to you and to query if you should continue receiving emails if you do not open them. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email.
Where you subscribe to an online service, the accompanying emails similarly include a pixel. We track your interaction with these emails and our online services to validate attendance for accreditation purposes, to help determine which information is of interest to you and to customize the advertisements you see on our Sites.
If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your Device, you should opt-out of email marketing or review emails in plain text format. This information may be connected to your personal identity. For further information about tracking technologies, please see section 5 above.
7. Collection and use of non-personal information
We may collect, use, store, transfer, share, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose (subject to applicable law).
8. How do we protect your personal data?
No data transmission over the Internet or websites can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, Newegg Business takes commercially reasonable efforts to protect its customers’ personal data.
If you wish to have your financial information (including payment card details (such as card number, CVV2, expiration date) and related billing information (such as billing address, billing phone, billing contact)) removed at the time of your order, you may opt to have your financial information deleted from our records upon completion of your order. Otherwise, you may contact us at email@example.com, or call toll free 1-800-390-1119, to request that your financial information be deleted from our database. For future transactions, you will be required to re-enter your information.
If you have any questions or concerns about Newegg Business’s security practices, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safeguarding account information
To ensure that your username and password remain confidential, we request that you DO NOT share this information with anyone.
9. International transfers of personal data
General overseas transfers
Our servers and offices are located in the United States, and as a result, we may collect, process, store, share, and transfer your personal data in the United States. In addition, please note that in instances where you purchase products from a Marketplace seller, your personal data will be provided to this seller. Such sellers can be located anywhere in the world.
As such, you understand and acknowledge that your personal data may be accessed by staff or suppliers in, transferred to, and/or stored at, a destination outside the country in which you are located, including to our servers and offices in the United States.
10. How long do we keep your personal data?
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements.
We will retain your personal data while we are using it, for purposes described in the section 4 above. We may continue to retain it after we have ceased such uses for certain legitimate business purposes. For example, if you have opted out of marketing communications from us, we will retain limited details about you to ensure we can honour your opt-out request. We may also continue to retain your personal data to meet our legal requirements or to defend or exercise our legal rights.
The length of time for which we will retain your personal data will depend on the purposes for which we need to retain it. After we no longer need to retain your personal data, we will delete it or securely destroy it in accordance with our records retention policy.
11. What are your rights?
Newegg Business operates in states with data protection laws which provide different rights to individuals in respect of access, deletion, rectification, and limiting processing of personal information. When you submit a request to exercise your rights, we will need to check your entitlement prior to answering a request. Please note that your rights may be subject to certain exemptions as set out in applicable data protection law(s).
In general, the following rights are likely available to you regardless of where you are located:
- the right to stop receiving marketing communication – for further information, please see section 12 below; and
- the right to require us to update any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold. In order to assist us with this, please keep your account information up to date. You can do this by following the steps in section 12 below.
If you have any queries or complaints about our use of your information, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
12. How can you change or review your information and preferences?
You may change or review your account information and settings for the following:
When you register for a NeweggBusiness account, you enter your email address. This email address is your NeweggBusiness ID and the email address that you use to log in to the Site. To change your email address and NeweggBusiness ID on Newegg Business, from our desktop website, please go to the Account Settings section under My Account.
You cannot change your email address and NeweggBusiness ID from the NeweggBusiness mobile website. Please note that you must have your email address/NeweggBusiness ID and password in order to access your account.
At the time of your order, you may choose to receive marketing communications and special offers and news by clicking the appropriate field.
If you currently receive marketing communications and special offers and news and wish to stop receiving such communications, Newegg Business provides several ways to do so. If you are a registered user, you can manage your marketing communication preferences via your Account Settings. In addition, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to be removed, or contact us as per section 1 above. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of all Newegg Business marketing emails. If you are a registered user of the Site, you can also opt-out of receiving the Newegg Business Newsletter by updating your email subscription preferences under My Account. You can also unsubscribe from the
NeweggBusiness Newsletter on the E-mail Subscription Preferences page. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for your request to be processed. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, you may still receive communications from us that are important and/or related to your interactions with us, or otherwise as required by law.
You may also use the link provided in all Newegg Business marketing communications to automatically unsubscribe.
Please note that you may still receive non-marketing service communications.
13. How can you change or review your technical preferences
You can manage cookies through your browser’s settings.
14. Affiliate Marketing Partners
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
We will update the date of this document each time it is changed.
16. Last update
Appendix 1: California Specific Provisions
Where California privacy laws apply (if you are a consumer resident in California and where the Newegg Business data controller meets the relevant threshold tests) the following additional provisions apply:
I. What Personal Information Do We Collect and Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With and Why?
|Category||Business/Commercial Purpose||Disclosed/”Sold” to Third Parties|
 Service providers are legal or natural persons who perform services for us or on our behalf, including for the purposes of operating our website and apps, assisting us to perform business functions and operations, and fulfilling requests by you.
This could include, and is not limited to, web hosting providers, app hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||N/A|
|Professional or employment-related information||N/A|
|Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.||N/A|
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
- We may aggregate or de-identify any personal information that we collect in connection with our services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
- We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
II. What are your rights?
- As a California resident, you have the right:
- to opt-out of our use, transfer, exchange or disclosure (including to third parties) of personal information about you; and
- not to be discriminated against based upon whether you decide to opt-out.
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you what information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. Under California law, “sell,” “selling,” “sale,” or “sold,” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
- You have the right to direct us to not “sell” your information. To exercise this right to opt-out of the sale of personal information, please click the “Do Not Sell My Personal Info” link in the footer of the Site and follow the instructions.
- We shall not discriminate against you for exercising any of your above rights