1. Self-Help Home
  2. Payment
  3. How do you make tax-exempt purchases for government?

How do you make tax-exempt purchases for government?

We charge tax on orders shipping to a number of states where NeweggBusiness is required to collect tax. However, if you are a government employee, you will need to notify us of your tax-exempt status. To do that, please follow the directions below:

  1. Download and complete our Sales Tax Exempt Form.
    Note: New Jersey customers will need to download and complete the ST-3NR Resale Certificate for Non-NJ Vendors Form as well.
  2. Submit the form to us at taxforms@newegg.com.
    • To prevent delays please check that your Company/Organization name and address listed on the State issued Tax Exempt Certificate match your Newegg account. If your account has a different address listed, please add your company name and address to your address book in your Newegg account.

If you have placed previous orders prior to sending us the form, please mention those sales order numbers and we will refund your tax charge on those orders as well. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (888) 978-8988.

Updated on October 29, 2018

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles